Monday, April 02, 2007

Grandma's Veggie Rice




Another simple and healthy "fried" rice



As promised, I tried out my grandma's receipe last friday. Thank god it tasted the same as what my grandma used to cooked when I was young. One of my favourite dish of all time. I liked the turnout of the taste and texture, the delicious taste of the flavoured rice, the fragnant smell of the dried shrimps and the soft sweet taste of the long beans. All the sudden, I felt like I was being transported to my childhood days.





INGREDIENTS:
1 piece of chicken breast (diced)
1 bowl of long beans (sliced - about 3 cm each)
2 tablespoons of garlic (sliced)
2 tablespoon of dried shrimps
1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
Pepper
Half cup of water
2 cups of uncooked rice


DIRECTIONS:
- Add light soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper to chicken and marinade for at least 10 mins.
- Sautee the garlic and add in dried shrimps
- Add in diced chicken and long beans. Flavour it with oyster sauce.
- Stir fry for 5 mins and add in half cup of water.



- Wash the rice and add in the a little extra amount of water than usual in your rice cooker.
- Add in the chicken, long beans and dried shrimps into the rice cooker.- Ready to serve once the rice has been cooked.

- Ready to serve once the rice has been cooked.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home