Monday, October 02, 2006

Chalok soup (My version)


I first tasted this special soup at my MIL's house. She's said this is a simple Boyanese dish but with lots of flavour in the soup. I modify her recipe by adding more ingredients and it still turned out delicious. You can put in anything of your own preference if you wish.


INGREDIENTS:



Soup Base (*Blend into fine paste)
3 tablespoon of dried shrimps
6-7 dried chilli
5-6 shallots
3-4garlic
3 tablespoon of Ikan Bilis
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of oil



Cauliflowers
Button mushrooms
Chicken (or any type of seafood)
Potato
Tomato
1 pc of seaweed
Chicken cube (optional)



DIRECTIONS:



- Dice cauliflowers, mushrooms, chicken, potato and tomato.



- Boil a pot of water and add the blended paste (depending how spicy you want).



- Put in chicken (Can use minced chicken meat ball or use chicken parts) and potato into the pot.



- After 10 mins, add in mushrooms, tomato and add a pinch of chicken cube.



- Garnishee with shredded seaweed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tried this today ..yummmyyy.. been a long time since I tasted lauk chelok. Thanks for sharing the recipe..

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger My whinin'z said...

thanks Sal...

do share your recipe with me too...i luv those indon soups..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home